Salary: £55k per year + bonus, pension & health care
Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a Group Accountant for a growing £160m turnover company with offices in Crawley. You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with experience of IFRS reporting in order to apply. The role will hold responsibility for all technical accounting and external reporting aspects of the Group finance function, supporting senior management and in particular the Group Chief Accountant in the production of a timely and accurate Annual Report and Accounts. The Group Financial Accountant will also ensure that financial controls are robust and technical accounting updates are effectively communicated across the Group.
The role will also help to ensure compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and submissions. Furthermore the role will actively contribute to raising the quality and standard of financial information, financial behaviour and financial support throughout the business.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Management of year end statutory accounts and interim report process for the Group, reporting under IFRS.
- Liaising with the local business units and key stakeholders to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Preparation of the consolidated annual and interim report and accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of subsidiaries' statutory accounts and the monitoring of accounting and reporting developments under IFRS.
- Help manage the Group’s audit process and to ensure that the interim and year end audit processes are conducted efficiently.
- Preparation of board and audit committee papers.
- Preparation and review of technical accounting memos and discussion papers for all subsidiaries in the Group, with overall supervision and management of technical accounting projects for the Group.
- Development, maintenance and improvement of the Group accounting policies manual.
- Transition of acquisitions to IFRS and Group accounting policies, whilst assisting with valuing and accounting for the intangible assets.
- Assisting with M&A projects, including the due-diligence on potential acquisitions and the integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Follow up any investigations into internal accounting and external reporting implications of new and amended standards.
- Identifying improvements to current processes and applying/implementing them.
- Ad-hoc reporting and duties to support the Group Chief Accountant and the senior management team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with confident reporting and financial accounting abilities to work for a rapidly expanding Plc. You will also be rewarded with an excellent benefits package.
For further information please contact Alex Gregory on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org