Salary: £46k - 57k per year + 5% bonus and benefits
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Manager for a reputable, international energy company with offices near Brighton. Through the delivery of insight and complex analysis and the determination of a margin strategy the Commercial Manager is responsible for the firm’s competitive pricing position in the competitive residential supply market.
Some of the main accountabilities include:
- Design acquisition and retention price strategies for all competitive tariffs and products in the residential energy market to enable the business to meet its volume and Gross Margin targets.
- Design pricing structures and price energy and non-energy tariffs and products to maximise margin in both the short and long term, for both new and existing customers.
- Own the plan to deliver margin and volume targets, the understanding of key risks and opportunities and developing action plans to manage these.
- Create a Residential commercial risk dashboard for the residential customer segment and interface with other Sales & Marketing teams for delivery of this
- Design and operate a forecast process that delivers a forecast of customer accounts.
- Continually improve analysis and reporting that ensures both energy & non-energy sales and margin are fully understood and all risks and opportunities quantified to ensure robust commercial decision making
The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who is highly numerate and analytical, with previous experience of working for a large company. Some of the essential skills include:
- Extensive experience and proven delivery in managing financial or commercial targets in a highly regulated environment
- Pricing experience from a large organisation
- A strong understanding and experience of working with financial data (OPEX/P&L/EBITDA)
- Should be analytical with demonstrable ability in creating and interpreting MI reports and performance data
- Strong planning and organisational skills, able to translate business strategies into clear objectives, plans and team priorities
- Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders at all levels with strong influencing skills
Candidates may well be working in one of the following industries - Aviation, Travel, Logistics or Utilities. In return for your knowledge and experience you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
For further information please contact Amy Butler on 01273 229499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org