Salary: £24k - 26k per year + Benefits
Location: Reigate, Surrey, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance are working with a very well-respected commercial company with offices in Reigate, Surrey to recruit a Credit Controller on a 12-month contract. Reporting into the Finance Manager the function of the role is to take ownership of the sales ledger. For a number of entites and clients. Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Chasing aged debt with the aim of achieving settlement of sales invoices within payment terms. Obtaining payment dates and approval of invoices from clients, subsequently updating the aged debt workbooks with the respective comments.
- Daily allocation of receipts to the sales ledger.
- Monitoring the payments received from clients against what is due. If money is not received as expected, then follow up enquiries will be required.
- Billing all clients within deadline. This includes being the ‘final check’, ensuring that all media bookings have been added correctly and issuing sales invoices.
- Sending out client statements post billing.
- Running credit checks and updating client records to accurately reflect the credit limits that are held.
- Generally maintaining and updating the sales ledger.
- Holiday cover for all companies within the group will be necessary along with any other ad hoc work as required, most significantly being a support to the Finance Manager on any additional work that may be required from time to time.
- Manage the ID facility and ensure all notifications are uploaded accurately and on time to the betterment of the company’s cash flow position.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in Credit Control and Sales ledger work. You will need to have strong communication skills to be able to speak on the phone and write emails for chasing payment and sorting invoices, as well as strong IT skills to be able to work the data. You will need to be able to work well under pressure and manage your time effectively working within a team and sole charge. This is a 12-month contract position offering a salary. Candidates available on notice of up to 1 month will be considered.
For further information please contact Emma Prior on 01737 300933, or email emma.31DBB3C03.firstname.lastname@example.org