PERSONAL TAX MANAGER
Salary: Market related
Location: Orpington, Greater London, England
Market: Public Practice
Grafton Banks Finance is delighted to be working with one of Kent's largest accountancy practices. Our client is currently looking to recruit a Personal Tax Manager.
Role responsbilities include:
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client.
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations.
- Assisting the Director and Partners with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Responsible for day‐to‐day client liaison.
- Maintaining a portfolio of private clients, ensuring that all aspects of their affairs are dealt with accurately and timely.
- Assisting clients with their wider tax compliance obligations.
- Support, advise, coach and motivate team members when required and ensure they fulfil their responsibilities.
- Assist with succession planning and knowledge sharing within the team to ensure adequate cover for all roles at all times.
- Ensure all personal targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure departmental targets are reached or exceeded in relation to:
- Margin (Recovery).
- Commercially manage and develop own client portfolio.
- Ensure clients are always kept up to date with relevant technical and industry developments.
- Proactive marketing and generation of new work i.e. seek out new work from clients, partners and staff in both offices and market services of tax teams.
- Attend networking and other events to help promote the business.
- Assist or deliver presentations or pitches to clients or potential clients as required.
Your profile will be similar to the following:
- CTA qualified.
- Experience working in practice.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further.
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of personal clients.
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients.
- Enthusiastic, positive and willing attitude to work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Diligent, accurate and hands on approach to work.
- Client focus and commercial awareness.
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Maintain adequate CPD in all areas of tax.
- Flexible approach during busy periods.
- Some experience in dealing with Inheritance Tax and Trust issues.
For further information please contact Ryan Leggett on 01622 584 334, or email firstname.lastname@example.org