Salary: Market related
Location: Orpington, Greater London, England
Market: Public Practice
Grafton Banks is delighted to be working with one of Kent's biggest accountancy practices. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Tax Partner.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Regional Managing Partner, this position will continue to deliver and develop the high quality provision of tax services within the business. The position holds the responsibility, with the assistance of the Tax Director and Manager, for running an office Tax department in a reliable, professional and commercial manner. This person holds overall responsibility for the management of the tax team.
This position involves working with and advising a large number of clients from different industries and of different sizes. This post holder will have a shared responsibility with other Partners, Director and Managers for the success of the department and the Firm generally. This will mean they must consider the overall interests of the Firm before those of themselves, their team, their department or their office.
Role responsibilities include:
- To continue to develop the high quality provision of tax services.
- To develop tax provision in niche markets where possible.
- To be part of the leadership of the tax function Firm wide, and provide operational leadership to the local tax team.
- To manage own client portfolio. A small portfolio will be allocated initially, the candidate will be responsible for growing this.
- To provide consultancy services to clients, including those of other partners.
Your profile will be similar to the following:
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA qualified.
- Relevant but varied post qualification tax experience in practice.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further.
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of business and personal clients.
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Diligent, accurate and hands on approach to work.
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute.
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards.
- Client focus and commercial awareness.
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically.
- Maintain adequate CPD in all areas of tax.
- Flexible approach during busy periods.
For further information please contact Ryan Leggett on 01622 584 334, or email email@example.com