Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Salary: £40k - 45k per year
Location: Horsham, West Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance are currently recruiting for a newly created role within a technology and engineering company with offices near Horsham. The key aspects of the role will be to develop and maintain a standard cost model for key manufacturing products as well as forecasting. The role is also commercially focussed as the successful candidate will act as operations finance partner, supporting the wider operations functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Standard cost accounting such as maintaining standard cost workings for key products and maintaining forward projected standard cost workings based on future process improvements and forward price predictions.
- Work with Manufacturing and Operations departments to understand key process cost drivers for decision makers and help identify and manage the implementation of the resulting actions.
- Enable robust business case analysis (make vs. buy, design choice scenario analysis) for potential investment decisions based on valuation methods including Payback and Net Present Value.
- Work with Operations department heads (Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, Test) and project leads to help facilitate accurate and timely budgeting and forecasting.
- Feedback to Manufacturing and Operations departments their actual results vs budget/forecast each month, perform variance analysis to understand the key drivers and reasons and add value by giving financial insight and highlighting cost savings
- Ad-hoc analysis and reports as and when required, whilst driving change and automation of manual processes
The successful candidate will be Qualified or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA with experience in manufacturing accounting, specifically standard costing. In return the role offers significant commercial focus in an expanding company, as well as a competitive salary.
For further information please contact Jess Trundle on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org