Financial Reporting Manager
Salary: £70k - 80k per year + 20% bonus, pension & health care
Location: Reigate, Surrey, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager for a growing and respected insurance company with offices in Reigate, Surrey. You will need to be a fully qualified accountant from practice or industry in order to apply with previous IFRS reporting experience. The purpose of the opportunity is to manage the Financial Reporting team, establishing and maintaining appropriate processes and controls and providing suitable analysis of financial reporting for all Group companies. You will also manage the oversight of the production of complete and accurate accounting records together with all necessary statutory/ management accounting and other financial reports.
The jobholder will also be responsible for ensuring the Groups compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting requirements and continued development of accounting policies and practices.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will take responsibility for:
- Leading a team of three, providing support and oversight of the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting consistently at every month end. This will require additional scrutiny and additional tasks for quarter end, half year and year end reporting.
- Maintenance of appropriate, complete and accurate accounting records, in accordance with relevant accounting standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Preparation and filing of Corporation tax returns with HMRC and oversight of VAT, Insurance premium tax and PSA payroll taxes prepared within the team. Additionally to liaise with payroll team (HR) with regards to taxation and reporting controls.
- Timely production of complete and accurate Management Accounts and analysis of results with reference to prior periods and plan/ latest forecast.
- Working with teams across the business (including wider Financial Reporting, Actuarial, Claims & FP&A) to understand and explain emerging trends in results. In particular on matters relating to the Underwriting result including preparing analysis and explanations, as required, to explain trends in Premium and Claims performance.
- Present technical and complex accounting information in a clear succinct manner, drawing out the most salient points to inform strategic decision making and selection and application of appropriate and efficient accounting policies.
- With the assistance of the team prepare the annual statutory accounts for all Group companies.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate the Financial Reporting team, ensuring the effective, comprehensive functioning of the team. Ensure the team adheres to all HR and other company guidance and policies.
- Oversight and formal review of Balance sheet reconciliations and providing challenge to preparers to enhance these and ensuring they are operating as an effective control.
- Working with external auditors to ensure that the financial audits are completed in a timely basis and with no surprises.
- As requested by senior management, undertake ad hoc financial investigations or projects to support and provide enhanced understanding of financial and capital implications of management decisions and actions
This is an excellent opportunity for a career hungry, technically astute finance professional who wishes to work for a rapidly expanding company with plenty of investment for further expansion. You will also be rewarded with a 20% bonus scheme, pension and health care.
For further information please contact Alex Gregory on 01273 229 499, or email email@example.com