Finance Assitant - Brighton
Salary: £24k - 27k per year + benefits
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance are currently supporting a large Brighton based business to recruit for a purchase ledger clerk to join their busy department.
The role involves managing a high volume purchase ledger function and supporting the management accountant with accruals and prepayments and reconciling balance sheets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all purchase invoices are matched to purchase orders (PO) and are uploaded to the accounts payable system on a timely basis.
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are appropriately authorised before payment
- Liaise with other business areas to ensure compliance with Financial Control Manual
- Liaise with suppliers so that all queries are dealt with appropriately and within a quick turnaround.
- Ensure that the weekly supplier BACS payments are produced and checked ready for authorisation and payment
- Ensure all daily ad-hoc payments are authorised, paid and posted to ledger on a timely basis
- Ensure all cheques are raised and submitted to customer services within SLA
- Complete associated bank accounts postings
- Complete assigned month end reconciliation with any reconciling differences investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- Complete monthly coding review, liaising with FP&A as required
- Post and reconcile month end journals relating to prepayments accruals.
- Analyse aged creditors and liaise with suppliers as appropriate.
- Complete aged debtor reconciliations monthly and prepare analysis
- Chase aged debt on a timely basis and report any concerns
- Assist with other ad-hoc work and projects as required.
Candidates must be Level 4 AAT qualified and have had previous experience with the job responsibilities above.
For further information please contact Matthew Roff on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org