Plant Finance Controller
Salary: Market related
Location: Croydon, Surrey, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance Ltd is pleased to be working with a well known manufacturing business in the Croydon area. Our client is keen to recruit an experienced Plant Controller.
This position will involve the following key responsibilities:
• Support the manufacturing team in designing and producing monthly cost reports.
• Identify meaningful cost variances/Financial KPIs and create cost reports.
• Monitor key cost variances, highlight trends, analyse causes of unexpected variances and recommend improvements accordingly.
• Provide analysis in both verbal and written form, both accurately and eloquently.
• To manage and maintain the Company’s costing system, updating costs where appropriate and allocating/absorbing fixed overheads so that the costing system provides a reliable basis for management decision making.
• Evaluating and advising the financial and cost implications of new product development.
• Ad hoc financial analysis and project work such as product profitability or capital investment appraisals.
• Management of the financial element of the stock system, including stock valuation, monitoring stock usage, calculation of stock provisions and financial management of stocktakes.
• Perform the monthly cost and stock analysis and deliver reports on time and to a standard that enables effective decision making.
• Support the wider team in delivering the manufacturing budget and forecast.
• Ensure compliance to the internal control processes as defined in the controller’s manual owned by the Group Controller.
• Maintain the fixed asset register. Work closely with the engineering manager to track cashflows on Capex projects.
• Be the main point of contact for manufacturing personnel with regards to all financial matters.
To be suitable for the role your profile will be similar to the following:
• 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing, ideally as a cost accountant or cost controller.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles relevant to manufacturing.
• Experience in deriving meaningful analysis from complex and plentiful data.
• Excellent knowledge of cost accounting, investment appraisal, budgeting and forecasting.
• Advanced Excel skills, experience with integrated ERP/MRP systems. Exposure to Microsoft AX is a plus.
• ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified.
• Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent work ethic and a productive and reliable team member.
• Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
The role pays a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information please contact Ryan Leggett on 01622 584 334, or email email@example.com