Salary: £22k - 25k per year + Benefits
Location: Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance are currently recruiting for a well-respected commercial Manufacturing company with offices near to Shoreham – by- Sea to recruit a permanent Accounts Assistant. Working in a finance team and reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for ensuring the correct invoicing from suppliers, have the appropriate approval of invoices and settlement in accordance with the company policies as well as aiding the credit control function in the cash collection process.
On a day to day basis you will take responsibility for:
- Coding invoices to the General Ledger
- Co-ordinate authorisation of invoices ensuring relevant sign off levels adhered to.
- On time payment of supplier invoices
- Filing of invoices & associated paperwork.
- Processing of overhead supplier invoices
- Calculation & payment of deposit on stock.
- Processing supplier debit notes.
- Stock valuation & subsequent processing of invoices. Ensuring all supporting documentation are received & matched.
- Monthly statement reconciliation.
- Accurate recording of payments to stock suppliers on separate spreadsheet.
- Raising credit Requests on the intranet
- Processing credit notes on the sales ledger
- Assisting the credit control team on the collection of debt for low value accounts.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by the Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in an Accounts Assistant position working on the Purchase Ledger and Credit Control specifically. You will need to have strong IT skills including Excel and ideally Navision and or Microsoft Dynamics. You will need to have strong communication skills both Verbally and Written to be able to communicate across the business and with customers. You will ideally have experience of working on a stock ledger function due the nature of the business, but this is not essential. We are ideally looking for someone who is available at short notice. For your experience and skills you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information please contact Emma Prior on 01737 300933, or email emma.31DBB3C03.firstname.lastname@example.org