Salary: Market related
Location: Orpington, Greater London, England
Market: Public Practice
Grafton Banks is delighted to be working with a large accountancy practice in Orpington who are seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Run payrolls according to client specification/ instructions including data entry.
- Action starters/leavers.
- Action statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, ShPP) in accordance with HMRC legislation.
- Assist in dealing with written and verbal general and technical queries from internal and external clients.
- Monthly/weekly filing of FPS submissions in accordance with RTI.
- Setting up employees in pension schemes in line with auto-enrolment.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR.
- Billing clients.
- Work towards improving client relationships for both existing and new clients.
- General administration including filing.
- Attend networking events as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Similar experience in a similar (payroll bureau) role.
- Knowledge of Star payroll software.
- In depth and up-to-date knowledge of pay and benefits legislation.
- Thorough understanding of statutory benefits and entitlements.
- Practical experience of year end procedures.
- Working towards or willing to start working towards CIPP qualification.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Thorough and accurate approach to work.
- Knowledge of the CIS scheme.
- Understanding of payroll aspects of NIC, pensions and salary sacrifice schemes.
- Experience of auto-enrolment.
- Flexible approach during busy periods.
For further information please contact Ryan Leggett on 01622 584 334, or email firstname.lastname@example.org