Ref: JG Payroll Brighton
Salary: £18k - 20k per year
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance are recruiting a Payroller to join our clients expanding payroll department.
Candidates will need a minimum of 6 months payroll experience.
The salary is up to £20,000pa.
You will be responsible for the day to day processing of customer payroll across the company's brand, ensuring all tasks are completed in line with agreed time-scales and following best practise, whilst ensuring outstanding customer experience is delivered.
You will also support senior payrollers and customer support coordinators, to ensure all departmental KPI's are achieved and exceeded daily in line with departmental and company objectives.
Skills and knowledge:
- Previous payroll experience including up to date knowledge of changes in legislation
- Experience of working in a customer focussed role
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to multi-task and able to demonstrate time management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as autonomously
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Good IT skills
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Respond to customer emails across shared mailboxes in a timely and accurate manner
- Handle payroll queries verbally, either on inbound or out bound customer calls, and support CSC team with transferred calls
- Effectively support customers with payroll enquiries via 'Live Chat' function
- Champion the customer at all times - identify, address and or/escalate repeat customer issues to ensure action can be taken to mitigate risk or exposure on the customer experience
- Process new starters, P45s and salary changes accurately in line with best practise procedures
- Accurately produce pay run in line with agreed processes and time-frames
- Undertake payroll tasks as delegated by team managers
- Support senior payrollers to deliver the monthly/weekly pay-run to agreed time-lines
- Process in line with agreed procedures
- Where processes or procedures are not efficient or effective for the task, ensure feedback is given to the relevant team so this can be addressed.
Team and Behaviours:
- Work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Support the customer support coordinator team by handling payroll enquiries
- Remain polite and professional at all times
- Lead by example and always promote 'customer first' mentality
- Ensure that any concerns are raised with the line manager to be resolved
- Highlight opportunities to enhance the customer experience, utilising existing technologies and by suggesting smarter ways of working
For further information please contact Jack Giles on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org