Head of Financial Reporting
Salary: £90k - 100k per year + bonus and benefits
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a Head of Financial Reporting for an expanding and respected global insurance company with modern offices in central Brighton, close to the station.
You must have the following experience to apply:
- Strong financial reporting background, with strong understanding of insurance accounting
- Experience of working in a large Corporate business
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS as it applies to insurers
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Ensure that all financial reporting for the various divisions (Monthly Flash and Statutory; Quarterly and Year End) is delivered to timetable. Ensure all reporting is reviewed and that variance analysis and commentary are accurate and concise.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts for all entities are reconciled monthly, subjected to review and other governance, and that all reconciling items are dealt with on a timely basis. Ensure control framework is adhered to and that this framework continuously improves.
- Ensure that all technical accounting developments are complied with and implications are understood
- Ensure that all financial and actuarial Solvency II (“SII”) entity reporting is met within agreed IM and Corporate Centre timescales.
- Oversee the development and continual improvement of the consolidation reporting tool and the related reporting processes. In general lead a relentless focus on process improvement across all areas of the team. Seek opportunities to further automate as appropriate.
- Be the liaison point for the external audit.
- Manage the overseas Finance team and their outputs via the Financial Controller, who is a direct report of this role.
- Ensure that all locally lodged financial statements are reviewed and approved by the Financial Reporting Team and their Centre Finance equivalents.
- Oversee and sign off Foreign Exchange accounting on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that intercompany accounts are reconciled monthly and settled in line with Group policy.
- Be policyholder for the Group Technical Accounting Policy, the Group Regulatory Reporting Policy and the Group Financial Control Group policy. Ensure compliance and report quarterly to IM on such compliance.
- Provide oversight over Corporate Tax and Indirect Tax accounting.
- Lead 7 direct reports and also lead the development of the whole team with the objective of that team being thoroughly engaged in their work.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an insurance background to build their career in a global organisation which is able to offer various career paths and developmental opportunities. You can also expect to receive an excellent benefits package and bonus scheme.
For further information please contact Alex Gregory on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org