Head of Financial reporting
Salary: £100k - 110k per year + 25% bonus, £6000 car and benefits
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for a Head of Financial Reporting for a large international organisation with modern offices next to Brighton Station. You will need to have managed teams and worked within the financial services or insurance sector. If you don’t have that sector experience then you will need to have worked for a regulated FTSE100 company in order to apply.
This role has full responsibility for ensuring that all financial reporting deadlines are met in compliance to IFRS standards, that strong financial controls are in operation, effective and actively monitored and building a high performing finance function.
- Lead, manage and inspire functional reports; this includes managing and coaching a team of senior direct reports.
- Deliver accurate, timely and high quality financial reporting on both a management and statutory basis to the IM Financial Reporting team in line with stated requirements.
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting to UK and local regulators in region is completed on-time and accurate.
- Comply with and take into account any requirements from the UK regulators and/or any applicable local regulatory requirements. Able to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and statutory accounting regulations.
- Undertake monthly Balance Sheet review sessions and sign-off on the Balance Sheet reconciliations and controls for all entities
- Ensure that the elements of the Finance development programme are delivered for Solvency II and any future IFRS requirements
- Streamline existing processes and work with IM to optimise the operating model for Financial Reporting and Control; including systems and processes
- Ensure that all reinsurance partner arrangements are being managed in accordance with contractual terms and all reporting is delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Ensuring a robust financial control framework is in operation with regular monitoring undertaken.
- Lead the successful and timely completion of all external financial audits.
- Be the key finance point of contact for reviewing and responding to financial issues identified through internal audits. Provide Finance sign off to internal audit reports where required.
- Maintain adequate documentation to support compliance to the Financial Control policy.
- Deliver monthly control dashboard reporting to IM
The successful individual will have a proven track record delivering Statutory and Regulatory reporting as well as experience of implementing financial control frameworks. You can expect a well defined career path as well as a 25% bonus and £6000 car allowance.
For further information please contact Alex Gregory on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org