Assistant Financial Accountant
Salary: £26k - 28k per year
Location: Sutton, Surrey, England
Market: Commerce & Industry
Grafton Banks Finance is recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join a national company near Redhill. The ideal candidate will be AAT or ACCA Part Qualified Accountant with previous experience within a similar role.
The role is to deliver value-added financial analysis & support to the business on key areas of the operations and assist with the prepartion of monthly managment reporting, VAT & Tax returns and annual Financial Statements. Other duties include;
- Analyse costs at month end to allow accurate allocation of costs & provide relevant management information.
- Assist with month end review of costs and to identify accruals & prepayment postings required.
- Monitor weekly Purchase Order / Supplier invoice ‘outstanding tasks’ & liaise with all parties (Business units) to ensure timely resolution of aged / aging items.
- Prepare & review some monthly balance sheet reconciliations as allocated by the Financial Controller.
- Provide support to the wider business & the finance centre on all matters related to capital expenditure.
- Prepare monthly VAT reports balance sheet reconciliations & assist with the production of the quarterly & annual VAT returns.
- Prepare monthly Petty Cash reclaim submissions.
- Assist with year-end stock take reports & reconciliations & other year-end tasks.
- Completion of projects and adhoc tasks as directed by Financial Controller / Senior Financial Accountant.
The ideal candidate will have previous financial experience, strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and be self motivated. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to join an organisation at an exciting time. In return you will be offered a generous salary and full study support.
For further information please contact Neil Watson on 01273 229 499, or email firstname.lastname@example.org